MIGCA Zoom Board Meeting- Sunday, February, 7th, 2021- 1pm
MIGCA Board Meeting
Attendance: Debbie Williams-Hoak, Hugh Felt, Mark Posey, Leon O. Braisted III, Bob Filter, Deborah Culver Absent- Chris Cronin, Nathan Oake, Paul Ten Eyck
- ●Start of Spring Sports?Provide input to your AD’s
- Concerned Coaches won’t get paid
- What are your thoughts?
- Access to Gym facilities. Concerned the sports won’t have room to operate, let along be able to socially distance.
- Concerned about getting kids into tryouts.
- Coaches need to connect with their AD and let them know how they feel.
- ●Rules Project with the MHSAA/GAM
- Looking into how the MHSAA/GAM can help teams be more informed.
- ●All State All Academic Boys Update- eliminate it for 2020?
- Voted to not recognize the 2020 boys academic all state boys
- ●All State Girls Banquet- what to do?
- ●Social Media Policy- requested by MHSCA
- We will be creating a policy for the MIGCA
- ●I Wanamaker mandate or recommendation- Rep Council to vote in May
- ●Additional Board members added preliminary discussion.
- Would it help to have other members involved in the discussions and involvement?
- Do we need a Membership position?
- ▪Effective immediately. Voted on and approved. We will move this to a Membership Vote this Spring.
- ▪What are the roles and responsibilities? These will be developed in the next couple of weeks and an email will be sent asking for applications.
- Rankings Position is open
- ▪Dan Picot-resigned from the Rankings.We Thank him for his many years of service to our organization and wish him nothing but the best.
- ▪iWanamaker will help with Rankings in the future
- ●Adidas affiliation- positive effect to MIGCA
- Do we as an organization want to promote or align ourselves with Adidas.
- 20% off Wholesale for MIGCA and any other coaches.
- MIGCA would also get a little % of all sales.
- ●Coaches Resources-The MIGCA Board is looking into adding more resources for the membership.
- o-We agree that we should proceed and continue to work on the details of each category and come up with a fee structure for Non-Members, Members and Board Members.
- Help Videos are done
- Coaches Hanbook-We are continuing to work on.
- Education- this to include our Drills Library, MHSAA CAP info, Mental Health info, Nutritional info books, video’s.
- Rules Information- links to USGA, GAM, etc.
- College Recruiting Information/Scholarship Information- this to include scholarships from MIGCA, PGA, LPGA, etc.
- Junior Golf- this to include tours, PGA Jr. League, LPGA Girls Golf, Midnight Golf, Youth on Course, First Tee, etc.
- Affiliate Links- MHSAA, MHSCA, GAM, PGA of Michigan, PGA, LPGA, TPI
- Special Offers- Bushnell, Maple Hill Golf,Miles of Golf, Carl’s GolfLand, etc.
- Sales Representatives – this would include all the clothing, equipment reps, etc. that wish to advertise.
- Teaching Professionals- Golf Fitness Professionals, Mental Game- I initially had thought of if a person is one of these and a member of the MIGCA, they could be listed for either free or a reduced rate than someone who is not a coach and member.
- Coaches Spotlight- maybe this can be part of this area or in another separate part of our website.
- ●MIGCA Extravaganza – August 3,4,5Treetops?SEE ATTACHMENT
- The Board discussed the possible schedule and costs.
- This will be posted this spring and registration can begin.
- ●Diversity- webinar, Trailblazers, add to our by-laws? Initiatives/Plans?
ON going projects
- ●Awards criteria in writing
- ●1st year Coaches Handbook
- ●Conference liaisons identified
- ●Board liability insurance
- ●501 C3 Status-you can have this status and still raise money.
- ●By Laws- changes that need to be made?Must inform membership 30 days prior to voting on changes.
- ●Mental Health Discussions for our Athletes/Coaches
As we go forward, we need to continue to keep the ball rolling on the below special projects.
- ●Conference Liaisons- Debbie, DEB
- ●SWOT Analysis-Chris
- ●Coaches Corner Resources- Hugh
- ●Help Tutorials- Mark
- ●Golf Drills-Tony (part of Coach’s Resources)
- ●Liability Insurance- Debbie, Nathan
- ●501C3 Status- Debbie, Nathan
- ●New Coaches Handbook- Dan
- ●Policy regarding death of members and families-DEB, LEON
Additional Board Meeting Topics
Meeting was Adjourned at 2:50pm
February 7th, 2021 Executive Board Minutes
October 11th, 2020 Executive Board Minutes
September 13th, 2020 Executive Board Minutes
August 23rd, 2020 Executive Board Minutes
August 9th, 2020 Executive Board Minutes
May 26th, 2020 Executive Board Minutes
May 20th, 2020 Executive Board Minutes
May 12th, 2020 Executive Board Minutes
May 5th, 2020 Executive Board Minutes
February 2020 Executive Board Minutes (Phone Conference)
December 2019 Executive Board Minutes