MIGCA Board Meeting Agenda- Nov. 2, 2:30 @ MHSAA offices
Board Members Present-Debbie Williams-Hoak, Dan Cooper, Bob Filter, Kim Napieralski, Ray Hill, Mark Posey, Absent: Deb Culver, Andy Grile, Hugh Felt
Meeting Opened at 2:32
- ●EIN update
- Started the process of getting an EIN # from the Federal Gov’t.This will allow us to be a fully functional NonProfit and update bank information.
- ●1099 review
- Stipends over $600 require an organization to file 1099
- Motion - Beginning this year the MIGCA will file 1099’s for Board members making more than $600, 2nd
- ●LARA (Licensing and Regulating Affairs) update
- Updated our filing with LARA to reflect the current Board Members
- ●501c3 status update
- Ready to go once we get our EIN # from the Federal Gov’t
- Easy to do tax wise if we stay under $50,000 in cash holdings
- ●Current budget
- It shows where we are at with our Finances.
- Working on breaking the budget down to understand where we are with our budget.
- ●February Clinic
- February 17th, Saturday, Lasch Family Golf Center, 9am to 4pm, 1 hour for lunch,
- Casey and his assistant will do a session-D1 College Coach, Chad-Teaching Pro
- Clinic Gift,-Hat, folder, etc.-Miller Golf Sales, Notepad, Pens
- Working on the number of Max people-
- What topics does the board want to cover?(45-50 min sessions)
- Membership Table-
- ●August event
- Bucks Run, Tues and Wed, 6th and 7th of August-Facilities are available, No golf on Wednesday at Bucks Run, Checking on if Pohl Cat can accommodate golf for Wednesday,
- ●MHSAA Golf Meeting- Nov. 29th- Topics to be discussed.(Regional and State protocols, 2 outside event limit, regional assignments, ????)
- Regional and State Protocol
- Regional Assignments Task Force
- Consistency with Regionals and State Finals Protocols
- Regional Liaisons-helping with Regionals
- 2 Event Limit-Outside of the MHSAA Season,
- ●All State Selections-
- How can we help to avoid missed nominations?
- Communicating with Conference Liaisons
- ●Potential All State players that weren’t nominated- list- contact coach and AD.
- ●Iwanamaker $ distribution
- iWanamaker-sent the MHSAA a % of the total sales.
- What is happening with that money?
- Developer-Create a new website.
- ●Membership Drive
- Reaching out to Members and NonMembers
- ●Divisional COTY and Overall COTY
- Discussed the Divisional and Overall COTY ballots.
Additional topics if time.
Meeting adjourned at 3:58
Next Board Meeting-January 2024