What the MIGCA does . . .
The MIGCA remains active by supporting and promoting the game of golf and academic achievement. The association honors high school golfers by recognizing achievement on and off the golf course selecting 10 All State teams and academic awards for teams and individuals who excel in the classroom.
The MIGCA encourages professional growth by promoting a winter conference and a spring clinic. The winter conference is open to all coaches and the Spring Clinic is held in early May and has historically been hosted at a northern resort. These events are designed to keep the membership informed and up to date with MHSAA rules and regulations, the rules of golf, and successful coaching methods. In addition, they provide time for members to renew old friendships and establish new ones.
The MIGCA honors our outstanding member coaches by hosting a Hall of Fame/Coach of the Year Banquet in March. This awards luncheon highlights coaches who have been selected District, Regional, and State Coaches of the Year along with the induction ceremony of the Hall of Fame Class for the current year.
The MIGCA membership dues help maintain current programs and continue to grow and offer an improved membership program for all members.
For your annual membership (August 1st-July 31st) of $45.00 you get:
- To nominate players for All State recognition.
- To participate in All State selections
- Professional growth opportunities at the clinic/conference sponsored by MIGCA
- Discounts on various golf courses and golf businesses around the state (listed on website).
- Representation in MIGCA and MHSCA, an avenue for coaches concerns to be heard.
- With your affiliated MHSCA membership you also get admission to most high school sporting events and discounts from Choice Hotel International (see back of MHSCA membership card).
- Access to MIGCA member coaches addresses for tournament availability.